Confession here… I have been on a buying spree the last month and that is not necessarily a bad thing. I’ve always been a die hard software junky and automation nut and there have been some great software products coming out lately. And these purchases are also a great way to learn ad techniques. So I took the plunge and purchased several. Among these purchases were some affiliate marketing strategies, most noteworthy one in particular really stood out – 8 Minute Profits.
If you are looking to add a new, effective list building and affiliate marketing strategy, this is definitely one to get.
- It is a real ah-ha moment. You will wonder why you didn’t think of it yourself if you have been doing this for awhile.
- Extremely well laid out training. He tells you what to do and where to do it. It is a simple strategy and you can literally have it up and running today.
- All you need is an offer and your autoresponder.
- It is cheap.
I cannot brag on this one enough… It is just a superb idea, and easy to set into motion. Get it. You won’t be sorry with this one.
And that brings me to my main point in this article. When you make purchases, use them to learn ad techniques. From the way the lead capture is set up to the product delivery page, you can learn a lot about how to build an ad campaign for yourself.
Here is a list of things in the ad to consider as you make an affiliate marketing product purchase.
- Colors and text formatting – keeping both consistent throughout your pages will improve response.
- How the lead capture is preformed – is it the first step on a dedicated page, or a pop up on the main sales page, etc.
- If you are buying through an affiliate – did she/he direct you to a bonus/presell page first? Power Tip: Do this, this gives you a chance to add a potential buyer to your list.
- Study the lay out of the main sales page – note where the different elements are located. Bullet lists, videos, testimonies, buy buttons, all of these can have an impact on the effectiveness of your ad campaign.
- Take a look at the entire sales funnel – even if you are only buying the main product, and take a close look at the one time offers, upsells and downsells and see how it is all put together. Power Tip: If you are on a OTO page (one time offer) and you get to the bottom link that says “no thanks, I don’t want this. Take me to my purchase.” Right click the link and select open in a new tab and you may get a discounted price for the OTO – a downsell.
- Draw the funnel out as you go through it, this will give you a visual reference to go back to as you learn ad techniques you wish to include in your own campaigns.
Learn and earn!