Effective against all list building demons.
Confession here… I have been on a buying spree the last month and that is not necessarily a bad thing. I’ve always been a die hard software junky and automation nut and there have been some great software products coming out lately. And these purchases are also a great way to learn ad techniques. So I took the plunge and purchased several. Among these purchases were some affiliate marketing strategies, most noteworthy one in particular really stood out – 8 Minute Profits.
If you are looking to add a new, effective list building and affiliate marketing strategy, this is definitely one to get.
- It is a real ah-ha moment. You will wonder why you didn’t think of it yourself if you have been doing this for awhile.
- Extremely well laid out training. He tells you what to do and where to do it. It is a simple strategy and you can literally have it up and running today.
- All you need is an offer and your autoresponder.
- It is cheap.
I cannot brag on this one enough… It is just a superb idea, and easy to set into motion. Get it. You won’t be sorry with this one.
And that brings me to my main point in this article. When you make purchases, use them to learn ad techniques. From the way the lead capture is set up to the product delivery page, you can learn a lot about how to build an ad campaign for yourself.
Here is a list of things in the ad to consider as you make an affiliate marketing product purchase.
- Colors and text formatting – keeping both consistent throughout your pages will improve response.
- How the lead capture is preformed – is it the first step on a dedicated page, or a pop up on the main sales page, etc.
- If you are buying through an affiliate – did she/he direct you to a bonus/presell page first? Power Tip: Do this, this gives you a chance to add a potential buyer to your list.
- Study the lay out of the main sales page – note where the different elements are located. Bullet lists, videos, testimonies, buy buttons, all of these can have an impact on the effectiveness of your ad campaign.
- Take a look at the entire sales funnel – even if you are only buying the main product, and take a close look at the one time offers, upsells and downsells and see how it is all put together. Power Tip: If you are on a OTO page (one time offer) and you get to the bottom link that says “no thanks, I don’t want this. Take me to my purchase.” Right click the link and select open in a new tab and you may get a discounted price for the OTO – a downsell.
- Draw the funnel out as you go through it, this will give you a visual reference to go back to as you learn ad techniques you wish to include in your own campaigns.
Learn and earn!
A low cost guide to maximize your list building efforts!
Let me just say before we start – you can do this. It may seem confusing if you are totally new to online marketing, but that is just because it is new.
There are three simple strategies you need to focus on.
Find affiliate products.
Send targeted traffic.
Make affiliate cash on the run.
Let’s break it down a little further.
Step #1: Choosing a profitable niche.
People bog down on this being the first step. Do not let this be a stumbling block. All it means is you need to narrow your focus so that when you start on the following steps you have an actionable direction. By way of example – this blog in in the online marketing niche > digital products > affiliate marketing > how to be an affiliate marketer.
It could be anything, online marketing > digital products > pets > dogs > dog training – This now gives you some idea on how to proceed with the next step.
- Do a little checking to make sure it is a profitable niche.
- Going with a niche you have a real interest in always makes things easier, just make sure the first consideration holds. Snail breeding may be a passion of yours, it may be somewhat difficult to make money from it however.
- Don’t let this slow you down. Don’t feel you know enough to determine this? Fine, pick online marketing – always money there, and you can follow along easier and let’s get you to making money with affiliate products.
Step #2: Website set-up.
Don’t skip this. Yes, you can market online without one, but you need to be better at marketing in general. Having your own online real estate will make things so much easier. Even a free Blogger blog or free WordPress blog is better than nothing, but be careful to stay within the rules.
Power Tip: Use the Blogger platform and concentrate on good content….Google loves their own blogs!
Still, if you can, get your own domain name and hosting to start. Then there are no rules, and this will make so many things easier. As in having a place to host your advertising images, that’s just one example by the way.
As a great low cost hosting solution, c-panel based (which you very much want), with great support try HostGator, that link will get you a 1 penny first month.
You will also be able to get your domain name there. Or you can get the domain name at GoDaddy, the giant in the industry and they make the domain search process much easier. You can also get professional hosting there.
You must get an autoresponder. The solutions for this are legion so I am going to suggest two possibilities that I use. The first is a total package that can be a primary business for you – get autoresponder, hosting, domain in one fell swoop and have a total business to promote that has full support and marketing training/tools, GVO. The second is a low cost solution: European Safelist – take the Pro upgrade and you will have an easy to use autoresponder for around 10 bucks a month.
Step #3: Choosing the right affiliate products.
This is easier than you might think. Go to the big dog in affiliate marketing marketplaces: Clickbank.com. Look for what they call high gravity products within your chosen niche.
Step #4: Follow-up messages
This will be the messages you load into your autoresponder to help automate the marketing process to those folks that have signed up to your burgeoning list! Way to much information to cover effectively cover in a short blog post – Here is a very low cost tutorial that will more than get you started with your list building efforts: List Building Fire
Step #5: Drive targeted traffic to your squeeze page.
Another topic too complex to describe in a sound bite. Here’s a free 3 volume set that will give you an excellent grounding in what you need to do in order to get eyes on your offers/squeeze pages: http://funnel.startaffiliatemarketing.org/
Step #6: Sell affiliate products.
And start making online income – you will if do the work.
Step #7: Build a relationship with your audience.
This is the way you keep people interested in your offers that have opted in to you mailing list. This is very important to your long term success.
I will flesh out this topic more in future posts
Affiliate Marketing will work for you if you do the work! This is the lowest cost way to start your own business and can easily give you the means to an independent income online. Good luck and leave any questions you have in the comment section. I will respond!
The answer is pretty straightforward. It is a numbers game folks.
If you can send a million sets of eyes to your affiliate offer, you will make some sales.
If you send one hundred thousand sets of eyes to your affiliate offer that were looking for your type of offer, you will make more sales.
That’s called targeted traffic. And list building from day one can bring your affiliate marketing business to profitability and success so much sooner by letting you gather leads from people who have asked for you to send them information.
This will allow you to skew the numbers in your favor. The people on your list are already predisposed to pay attention to your advertising. They may have already purchased from you to have gotten on your list. They are interested in your types of offers (or they would not have subscribed). All these things make them assets of the highest caliber to your growing business.
For these reasons, integrate list building into all of your marketing efforts. Here are some tips to help accomplish this:
- Put up a good web form in your site that immediately follows the end of your content.
Make your homepage impressive.
Provide good service and products.
- Keep a clean and private list.
Never lose the trust your customers have entrusted you. If you provide e-mails to others and they get spammed, many will probably unsubscribe to you. Remember, a good reputation will drive in more traffic and subscribers as well as strengthen the loyalty of your customers.
Remember, all those program owners who claim you don’t need a email list to be successful in their system, well, they got your email address first. That is because they know the value of list building.
Here’s a free list building tips guide… Read it and use the ideas inside: 77 List Building Tips
Or – How I came to the conclusion I was an idiot for not starting sooner.
Is the Money in the List? Without a doubt. You will get sick of hearing it, but if you will start here you will save yourself months or years of resisting what you will eventually wind up doing, and your path to a sustainable work at home lifestyle will be much shorter.
Now, that is not to say that you will not come across some programs that will swear you do not need to worry about list building, but pay attention here: the first thing they will get from you is your email address and they will put it to good use, as they should, in marketing their program and possibly other offers to you.
When you start affiliate marketing the great thing is that you do not need a product to begin making money. There are thousands of viable products available that you can make a great income on. It does not matter what your interest or your niche is, there are plenty of products waiting for you to earn commissions. If you have a good product of your own to promote, that is also easily done as soon as you begin to advertise correctly online.
And as for affiliate programs, nothing could be simpler to get started with. Sign up, promote it, and watch as the money starts coming in
(hopefully). This is all great, but then what? After that find another product and start all over again.
If however, you have been active with list building when you find or create this new product, you will already have hundreds or thousands of
people to offer directly to. This will be targeted traffic, the best kind! You can shoot them a quick email and have immediate money in your pocket.
You can start advertising this product and add even more people to your list for your next great idea. This process tends to snowball into even
more sales and bigger list. And it won’t be long before your primary income will be from your online business.
How do you start building a list? Not so difficult once you learn the process. Put a couple strategies in place to run continually, integrate list building into your product promotions, and you will see progress immediately. Here are the basic steps:
- Create a squeeze page. This is a simple one page website that is designed to capture your visitors name and email address. Also known as a lead
- Offer a quality free incentive to get them to decide to give you their email address and maybe name to receive the freebie. This can be a free report, a free subscription to your newsletter, or e-book.
- Integrate these addresses into an automated email system known as an autoresponder.
Don’t worry, none of this difficult. There are even done for you, plug and play systems you can use.
Email them regularly, making sure that you are offering them something of value. Some ideas: useful information, free reports, free software, online tools, physical products, and creative ideas that you come across.
Occasionally suggest your product and offer a link to your product or affiliate page. Offer your product with a strong sales message and watch the sales begin.
Do not oversell to your list. This will be your most valuable asset and should not be jeopardized.
Giving good solid information and only promoting worthwhile products will begin building trust with the folks on your growing list. This is important, treat your list as a group of friends that you want to help with the information that you are providing. Just follow the golden rule and treat your list as you would want to be treated and you will be on your way to success.
Have a great day…we’ll get to the nut’s and bolt’s of list building in the next article. Meanwhile, check out the Videos tab and you’ll find a great place to start building your affiliate empire!